Friday, May 29, 2020

The tiny island of Pinatella

       Not being able to advance the campaign because my State is in a condition of imprisonment I sought to amuse myself by building a 1/350 scale starfort to go with the 1/350th scale fleet that I have been building for the naval side of the campaign. Things spun out of control (as they so often do when I start a terrain project) and I ended up with a starfort and the island it guards. Now I'm tempted to expand the mission and build a few port cities as well.


       This is the tiny island of Pinatella, valued for its fine harbor and fresh water supply it is located off the southwestern end of Mindoro. As such it is perfectly situated to monitor traffic moving along the southern passages and has been fought over from time immemorial. It has an old crusader fort and a splendid new starfort to guard the harbor. The unusual shape of the island comes from the fact that it is the collapsed caldera of an ancient volcano. The soft volcanic tuff stone captures and hold rainwater making this tiny island an excellent source of fresh water.

       It is the personal property of the Royal House of Freedonia. As such the King likes to keep his political enemies locked up in the old Crusader Castle (known locally as the "Black Tower", both for its appearance and its reputation!).

       I had a few hours free so I finished the job












No comments:

Post a Comment

The Origins of the Thirty Course War       The continent of Epicurea had long known peace. Certainly there were the occasional uprisin...