Monday, March 16, 2020

Before Even One Blade of Grass Grows Green....

To My Most Loyal and Virtuous Servant, Sir Juan Cassiavertes

From His Most Serene and Wise Monarch, Franz de Flamboise, Emperor of Gluttonia


        I am both amused and delighted by your adherence to my will. I greatly enjoyed your missive and after due consideration have decided that this undertaking that you have proposed is worthy of exertion on our part.

        I hereby command that you gather together several troops of Foote, and such Cavalrie as are deemed necessary to guard their actions, along with at least one light gun per fort and go forth to construct a line of forts blocking the enemies access to the hinterlands and the associated forage.

        These forts are to be constructed to most efficaciously block the transit of wagons along the roadways rather than to physically obstruct the roadway itself (unless that is the best way to achieve the aim). These advanced workes will be supported at some short distance by a fortified encampment of Foote and Horse that shall be tasked with the defense of such workes in the event that the enemy would sally forth in great numbers to reduce the advanced units. This construction must be completed with the utmost haste, I wish that it be finished before even one blade of grass grows green.

        As this is your suggestion I am elevating you to the rank of Master General of the Advanced Workes. Anyone that stands in the way of your assignment should be reported to me directly and I will be certain to administer a sudden and painful punishment.

          Fail me not.


          Cordially,
                              Your Emperor, the Seat of Wisdom and Grace in this benighted land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Origins of the Thirty Course War       The continent of Epicurea had long known peace. Certainly there were the occasional uprisin...