Friday, November 1, 2019

Playing with Proxie.....a 1/100 Starfort UPDATED

      Readers from my main blog will instantly realize that I have gone and done something foolish with blueboard........

....they are right, of course

       Gallocelt, over on TMP said that he was interested in building a star fort of his own (having seen my ancient Greenfield Hobbies star fort in battle #1) and I was bored to tears watching some wallboard compound dry on a terrain project so I figured "What could it hurt?".  So I grabbed my Proxxon Hot Wire cutter and some insulation board and got to work. As always, I got carried away. I intended to just see how hard it would be to replicate the wall and bastion sections from the Greenfield star fort. Next thing I know I'm more than halfway done roughing it in.

the source of the problem, a 35 year-old section of wall

my ultra high-tech way of measuring the size

....hmmmm, tempting

.........even MORE tempting,
did any fortress commander ever wish that his walls were not so tall?

BANG! wall sections cut to size

BOOM! the mathy stuff
I hate the mathy stuff! 
graph paper helps
a lot

prototype bastion ready for a test fit


and half a fortress ready to go!

       Next is about nine feet of 3/16x1/4 strips for the parapet and a similar amount of 3/4" square cut to a 45 degree taper to form the talus and a few more bastions and she is done.

and there is the rest of it!

while I had Poxxie fired up I cut strips for the parapet and the talus
the soldiers are old Minifigs Thirty Years War Russian Streltsy

leaving the bastions and walls as separate items allows for placing the fort 
(or part of it) against the edge of the playing surface

       Obviously there is still tons of work to be done on this but the bones are there now.

1 comment:

  1. Good project, I like it. I am thinking about a Statue of Liberty and it has a star fort at the bottom so this may prove useful.
    Mike Bunkermeister Creek

    ReplyDelete

The Origins of the Thirty Course War       The continent of Epicurea had long known peace. Certainly there were the occasional uprisin...