Sunday, October 27, 2019

More Troops Mobilized for the Service of the King!

      Of course the question is which King?

      I finally got around to re-basing a bunch of figures, most importantly I now have some bases of dragoons (which appear on more than one army list!).

a Tercio Viejo, two Pike & Shot units, a Musketeer Corps,
 a Shott Company, a Melee Company with Halbreds  and four Dragoon units


I particularly like how this one turned out, the extra pikemen and Old-School looking 
Shot give it the Retro-look of the Gluttonian traditionalist Proper-Meal Faction


the Dragoons were an absolute must as there are quite a few dotted around in the armies, I still need a few more units because (with my luck) they will end up fighting the opposing Dragoons! 

there are several militia-quality units (Raw under the rules) 
so I built a few to look understrength and a bit as if they would rather be at home

      Of course there are tons of minis still in  drawers and then the original batch that were temporarily attached to the new larger bases to test the rules. I'm afraid that this will keep me busy for quite some time.

and that some time was later the same evening, four more Dragoons,
 seven Horse, two Light Horse and two Generals

four extra Dragoons means I'm well prepared for battle now

seven more units of Horse will allow me to accommodate a very large battle indeed

eight more Shot Companies, the glue was dying too slowly to allow me to flock them tonight

not shabby for an evening's work

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Origins of the Thirty Course War       The continent of Epicurea had long known peace. Certainly there were the occasional uprisin...